- Freehold commercial and residential investment
- Popular south east London suburb
- Part of an established retail parade
- Includes a vacant three bedroom maisonette
- Opportunities to enhance income
- Currently producing £7,000 per annum (plus vacant flat)
South Norwood is a south east London suburb lying about 8 miles south of central London. It is accessed via the A212, which links with the A23 to the north leading towards Vauxhall and central London. The area is well served by transport links with overland railway stations at Crystal Palace, Norwood Junction, Thornton Heath and Anerley as well as numerous bus routes that serve the area.
South Norwood Hill forms part of the A215 with the property forming part of an established retail parade on the west side of the road at its junction with Spa Close. The parade is home to a number of independent retailers as well as a Premier Express convenience store and national charity Mind.
A mid terraced three storey building of traditional construction beneath a flat roof. The building is arranged as a ground floor cafe/restaurant with separate access from the front to a large three bedroom maisonette over first and second floors. The flat provides two reception rooms, kitchen and utility room on the first floor with three bedrooms plus a bathroom/WC on the second floor. The flat is in need of refurbishment. Externally there is off street customer parking to the front and to the rear there is a single storey attached garage.
Front Reception Room (L-Shaped) - 2.8m widening to 4.29m x 3.4m extending to 5.7m
Rear Reception Room - 4.5m x 3.4m
Kitchen - 2.2m x 2.8m
Utility Room with 2 store cupboards (fire exit door off this room) - 2.3m x 2.2m
Front bedroom - 4.2m x 3.3m
Front bedroom – 2.2m x 2.8m
Rear bedroom – 4.5m x 3.6m
Bathroom/WC - 2.8m x 2m
Croydon Council (0208 726 6800) www.croydon.gov.uk
Please refer to Legal Documents
|TOTAL|| || ||£7,000|
|Ground||Retail 49.15 sq m (529 sq ft) (1)||Let to Gabriela Boghiu (on assignment) t/a Cafe De Niro for a term of 15 years from 08/11/2011 (1)||£7,000|
|First/second||Three bedroom maisonette||Vacant||£0|
(1) A rent deposit of £2,000 is held
The floor area has been obtained from the VOA website - www.tax.service.gov.uk
Ground floor - Rating 73 Band C
Maisonette - Rating 41 Band E
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,750 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.