- Freehold retail investment
- Two ground floor shops plus flat above (sold off)
- Potential to enhance income
- Producing £6,900 per annum (plus vacant shop)
- On the instructions of M D W Hardy and M Swiers of Sanderson Weatherall LLP acting as Joint LPA Receivers
Cricklade lies to the south of the River Thames about 9 miles north of Swindon, 9 miles south of Cirencester and 24 miles south of Cheltenham. It is accessed via the and B4040 and B4553 with direct access to the A419 dual carriageway just to the east of the town linking with Swindon and the M4 motorway to the south (junction 15) and Cheltenham and Gloucester to the north as well as the M5 motorway (junction 11a).
High Street lies in the town centre with the property lying on the west side of the road at its junction with Gas Lane. Nearby occupiers include Tesco Express and Boots as well as a number of independent retailers.
A mid terraced building of traditional construction beneath a pitched roof. The building is arranged as two ground floor retail units with self contained residential accommodation above that extends in to the loft (sold off on a long lease - refer to the legal pack). There is a rear yard area that is included within the long lease of the residential accommodation but there is a right of way to No 49 High Street.
Wiltshire Council (0300 456 0114) www.wiltshire.gov.uk
Please refer to Legal Documents
|Address||Floor||Accommodation||Tenancy||Rent per annum|
|TOTAL|| || || ||£6,900|
|49 High Street||Ground||Retail 70.06 sq m (754 sq ft)||Let to Harold James t/a James Butchers for 5 years from 24/06/2018 (1)||£6,800|
|49b High Street||Ground||Retail 29.44 sq m (317 sq ft)||Vacant||0|
|49a High Street||First||Residential||Let for a term of 125 years from 02/01/2004||£100|
(1) Internal repairing lease
(2) The auctioneers have not measured the property. All areas have been provided by the vendor.
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.