- By order of the Executors
- Freehold 214 acres
- Mid Wales farm and woodland
- Original stone buildings
- Potential for occupation or improvement
- Life style change opportunity
Llanwrtyd Wells lies on the A483 in mid Wales upon the eastern edge of the Cambrian Mountains, some 65 miles north of the M4 and Cardiff and approx. 11 miles equidistant between Llandovery to the south and Builth Wells to the north. The town which lies on the banks of the River Irfon has a population of some 850 and offers a range of local amenities including a petrol station, shops, primary school and pubs. and is a centre for local outdoor tourism activities. The town is the smallest in the United Kingdom and benefits from being on the Shrewsbury – Swansea Heart of Wales Rail Line so offering connections into the national main line rail network. As well as agriculture other employers include a well known hi tech electronics company. The property lies a mile to the north of the town with access off and long frontage to the A483.
The property comprises a traditional hillside farm benefiting from a long frontage to and with direct access off the A483 via an unmade up hardcore access track which ascends the hillside through the pastures, ending at the foot of a steep wooded ridge. Set along the foot of this ridge are a cluster of buildings including a disused high stone barn and stable block alongside which there is a stone farm house, all enjoying far reaching views out across the Irfon Valley below. Set at a slightly lower level is a steel framed stock shed. The property is private without being remote and isolated. The hillside fronting the A483 extends to approx. 168 acres of open grazing land split into a network of smaller and generally interconnecting fields. To the south the property comprises an area of dense and lightly managed woodland, extending to approx. 46 acres which forms the southern boundary of the property. This land is directly accessible for woodland management, also offering tourism possibilities.
The property comprises approx 214 acres of which 46 acres comprises a block of lightly managed woodland. Stone house in an un-occupiable condition Traditional stone cart barn Stone stable block Modern steel framed livestock shed
Note: The property may suit farming or lifestyle smallholding opportunity, however its location and extensive outlook over the valley may also offer potential for diversification. The surrounding area supports a busy outdoor tourist industry with walking, climbing, cycling and horse riding on the many former drovers trails in the hills and the property may offer potential as a base for activities including camping, caravans woodland based accommodation and horse riding holidays. The elevated part of the property may suggest potential for a green energy project.
The grazing element of the farm including the live stock shed is currently let on a Farm Business Tenancy and notice to determine has been given. The traditional buildings and woodland are excluded.
Subject to discussions with the Planning Authority the property may offer potential for refurbishment of the buildings for self occupation or leisure associated accommodation. https://en.powys.gov.uk/article/1866/Planning-and-Building- Control
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,750 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.