- By order of the LPA Receivers
- Freehold retail investment
- Let to BM Retail Limited until 2025 (1)
- Bonmarche have traded in this store for over 15 years
- Current rent £20,000 per annum
Huntingdon is an affluent market located approximately 15 miles north west of Cambridge, 17 miles south of Peterborough and 67 miles north of London. The town has good transport links with the A1 and A14 providing access to the M1 and M11 respectively. Stansted Airport is located 46 miles to the south east and Luton airport 47 miles to the south-west. Huntingdon rail station provides a direct service to London Kings Cross with a fastest journey time of approximately 47 minutes.
The property is situated on the prime pedestrianised High Street, with nearby retailers including Greggs, Boots Optician, HSBC, Costa Coffee and Nationwide Building Society. Sainsbury's and Marks & Spencer are also close by.
The property comprises a retail unit of approximately 655.00 sq m (7,053 sq ft) primarily arranged over ground floor with ancillary accommodation at basement and first floor. The property benefits from 5 car parking spaces to the rear.
VAT is applicable to this sale, please refer to the legal documents for further details.
|Unit||Accommodation||Tenant||Tenancy||Rent Per Annum|
|Unit 2, 135 High Street||Ground 655.00 sq m (7,053 sq ft)|
|BM Retail Limited (trading as Bonmarche)(1)||5 years from 23/03/2020||£20,000|
(1) There is a six month rent free period that started on 15/06/2020. There is a tenant only break clause at the expiry of year 3 on six months' prior notice.
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,750 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.