- Freehold access road
- Serving green energy wind park
- Currently producing £15,248 pa
- Fixed £2,000 increase at year 10
- Annual RPI rent uplifts
- Opportunity for enhanced income
Parc Eirin is situated between Tonyrefail and Gilfach Goch, approximately 7 miles to the north of J34 of the M4, via the A4093 link to the A4119 Ely Valley Road. The centre of Cardiff is some 16 miles to the south, and to the east lies the AS470 M4/A470 Heads of the Valley Road. Access to the land is via Wilfred Way, a purpose built access road serving a large under way new residential development, one of a number in the immediate area.
The land offers sweeping views across the valley to Tonyrefail, and to the rear of the land is an elevated ridge, along which there has been developed the Mynedd Portref wind turbine farm, a part of the Taff Ely complex providing power for an estimated 6,000 homes.
The property lies at the head of Wilfred Way, at the entrance to the Parc Eirin site, where there has been developed a hardcore faced plateau area, off which there rises a hardcore surfaced roadway constructed and maintained by the tenants, leading up the hill towards the ridge which has allowed Renewable Energy Generation Ltd to erect and service six 12-MW turbines as a part of a larger wind farm complex along the ridge.
There is potential for two other green energy companies with turbines along the ridge to request the option for access to renew their turbines using the access way.
The access road offers potential for an easier access to the ridge for other operators within the wind farm complex along the ridge. Two operators have a reserved access opportunity contained within the lease:
Note 1) Ventient Energy Ltd (Co No 08183100) operate the adjacent Headwind Taff Energy Wind Farm which is due for early replacement and have previously agreed a similar lease at a rent of £13,650 pa for access to demolish and rebuild a large new facility for which they have planning consent.
Note 2) Fim Services Ltd (Co No 01418579) operate the adjacent Llanbad Fawr Wind Farm have previously expressed interest in the access road and a rent of £13,650 has been quoted.
The property is leased to Mynydd Portref Wind Farm Ltd (Co no 08183100) for a term of 27 years from 26th April 2016, with the right to renew for a further 50 years.
Total Current Rent Reserved £15,248 pa (Jan 2020) subject to Annual RPI uplift with a September 2019 rent of circa £15,196 pa.
In year 10 the base rent increases by £2,000 pa
Please refer to Legal Documents
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.