- BY ORDER OF MAPELEY
- Two freehold shops with ancillary upper parts.
- Part vacant investment producing £12,000 pa.
- Popular south London location.
- Asset management opportunities.
- Planning potential (subject to consents) for 2 self-contained flats.
Addiscombe is an area of south London, within the London Borough of Croydon. It is located approximately 9.1 miles (15 km) south of Charing Cross with Croydon town centre approximately 2 miles to the west with the nearest train line at East Croydon. The property is located on the north side of Lower Addiscombe Road (A222) between Pavement Square and Teevan Road. Adjoining occupiers include Sainsburys Local and RSPCA, with other nearby occupiers that include Greggs and KFC. The property is located in a mixed use area.
The property consists of two retail units with ancillary first floor accommodation set within a local parade. The two storey property is of traditional construction and is located mid terraced and offers residential conversion to the first floor. (Plans have been submitted under GDPO for the change of use of the first floor to two flats.)
|Address ||Floor ||Accommodation ||Tenacy ||Rent per annum |
|263 Lower Addiscombe Road ||Ground ||78 sq m (840 sq ft) ||Vacant || |
|265 Lower Addiscombe Road ||Ground ||67 sq m (721 sq ft) ||Let to John Kippen expiring 24/03/2020 ||£12,000 |
|263 - 265 Lower Addiscombe Road ||First floor Offices ||107.40 sq m (1,156 sq ft) ||Vacant || |
|TOTAL || ||252.40 sq m (2,717 sq ft) || ||£12,000 |
The floor areas have been obtained from the Valuation Office www.VOA.gov.uk
The London Borough of Croydon (020 8726 6000) www.croydon.gov.uk. Planning Application (ref:18/04832/GDPO) is awaiting approval for the conversion of the first floor ancillary offices to 1 one bedroom and 1 two bedroom flats under General Permitted Development Order 2015.
Please refer to Legal Documents
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount of £4,500 from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.