BidX1 UK sizzles with 82% sale success rate
BidX1 UK has achieved an 82% sale success rate at its June auction, with over 1,300 bids placed. The diverse portfolio was composed of residential and commercial properties located across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The June catalogue was viewed from 74 different countries including France, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United States, with over 45,000 views from the United Kingdom alone.
The online property sale saw a high rate of bidding with eight of the assets listed receiving over 100 bids each. In particular one freehold detached house in Finchley, for sale on behalf of The Met Police, received 199 bids and sold for £880,000 - achieving £215,000 over the guide price.
Richard Watson, Head of Residential Auctions at BidX1 in the UK, commented: “The latest sale saw high levels of engagement and significant increased interest in our digital sales platform. Whilst volumes reflected the general market sentiment for those properties offered, we were still able to find a high number of bidders for a wide range of asset classes.
“There is always an electric atmosphere during the sale and our team of expert surveyors were on-hand to assist bidders throughout the day. It is clear that there is still a strong appetite from buyers and we continue to see that when the barriers to purchase are lowered and the price is right, an asset will receive high levels of interest. We’re pleased with the traction of the online platform and look forward to increasing our property volumes as we push the boundaries of the market.”
Highlights from the sale included:
- Lot 3: Ground Floor Flat, 30 Martell Road, West Dulwich SE21 8EE – a two-bedroom flat located in a popular residential location in London. The lot received 32 bids and sold for £261,000
- Lot 4: 303 Cheriton Road, Folkestone CT19 4BG – a lot with two self-contained flats on offer in Kent, which received 55 bids and sold for £200,000
- Lot 6: 19 Henchman Street, East Acton W12 OBW – a freehold two-bedroom property in West London. The lot received 90 bids and sold for £352,000
- Lot 7: Land at Ayr Road/Lilybank Road, Preswich KA9 1SH – sold on behalf of JC Decaux, a development site (subject to consent) located in a residential area with full vacant possession. The lot received 60 bids and sold for £22,200
- Lot 17: 1 Station Road and 129 High Street, Buckinghamshire MK16 0AG – a substantial freehold mixed-use investment lot with development potential, sold on behalf of the LPA Receivers. The lot received 80 bids and sold for £646,000
- Lot 20: 26 Charminster Avenue, Morden SW19 3EL – a three-bedroom property situated in a popular residential London location and sold on behalf of The Met Police. The lot received 94 bids, with a starting bid of £528,000, and sold for £621,000
Keep up to date with the latest BidX1 news by subscribing to our mailing list.