- Residential development site opportunity with existing 3-bed bungalow
- Development potential for up to 17 residential units subject to planning permission (SPP)
- Site area extending to approx. 0.5 hectares (1.24 acres)
- Located within the Kinsale town boundary with access from the Bandon Road
- The site is contained within Folios CK52649 / CK2907F / CK38943F
- Vacant Possession
- In light of new Covid-19 restrictions, from 13.01.2021 viewings will not be facilitated until further notice. Please email the surveyor with your contact details.
- Kinsale is situated in Co Cork, on the southern coast of Ireland approx. 32 kms from Cork City.
- The town is located at the mouth of the River Bandon and is a busy fishing port.
- Kinsale has a population of 5,281 (Census 2016). As a busy tourist destination, the population increases dramatically over the summer months with both domestic and international visitors.
- The site is located at Tara on the Bandon Road, a 2 minute walk to the north / west of the busy town centre of Kinsale.
- The surrounding area is characterised as residential in makeup with Westwood Gardens to the north, Abbey Court to the west and Abbey View estate to the south.
The site comprises approx. 0.5 hectares (1.24 acres), currently occupied by a 3-bed bungalow and three timber sheds.
A planning application has not been launched however, plans for a potential scheme of 12 residential units have been drawn up comprising of the following:
4 No 1 bed apartments
8 No 4 bed semi-detached houses
Further, a planning report has been commissioned highlighting the potential for a higher density 17 unit development in line with general density levels permissible in Co Cork.
Please refer to legal documents
The subject site is located in an area zoned Objective B - Established Residential Zoning, defined as ‘To protect, preserve, enhance and develop existing residential areas, to support appropriate infill residential development, to provide new and improved ancillary community, social and recreational facilities’ as outlined within the Kinsale Town Development Plan 2017.
No planning application has been lodged for any development on the subject site with the exception of a single storey extension to the existing bungalow in 2004.
Please refer to Legal Documents
Energy Performance Indicator
No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the vendor. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor.