- Mixed use building.
- Comprising 1 x retail unit and 1 x yard with loft store
- Retail unit extending to approximately 31 sq m. (340 sq ft) in total together with yard area extending to circa 3,000 sq ft.
- Zoned “M1 - Mixed Use, general development, opportunity/proposal site”.
- Development potential for retail with apartments over or two Town Houses with parking.
- Vacant possession of Yard & Store.
- Shop unit on a lease until August 2020 with current rent reserved €9,000 per annum.
- Net Initial Yield 5.55%
- Ennis is the county town of Clare with a population of approximately 25,276 people (as of the 2016 Census).
- The town is situated approximately 36km north west of Limerick and 21km north of Shannon Airport.
- Transport links are provided by the M18 and the N85 as well as a 3 times daily rail link to Dublin, via Limerick and an hourly bus service.
- The property is situated in Ennis Town on the south side of the River Fergus.
- Surrounding occupiers include Old Ground Hotel Ennis, Dunnes Stores and Boots.
The retail unit at No 2 Barrack Street is a ground floor only building and is attached to the Yard with Store which has its access off Barrack Square. The property comprises a mixed use building arranged over ground and one upper floor. The property benefits from a large yard to the rear, which has both pedestrian and vehicular access from Barrack Square.
Under the Clare County Council Development Plan 2017 - 2023, the lands are zoned M1 - Mixed Use, general development, opportunity/proposal site - The use of land for ‘mixed use’ developments shall include the use of land for a range of uses, making provision, where appropriate, for primary and secondary uses etc.
Local Planning Authority: Clare County Council: +353 (0) 65 682 1616
The property in question was granted planning permission to build a retail unit of 2700 sq ft with 2 apartments over. And while this was as part of a larger development along with an adjacent property, it could still largely be realised
Full Planning Permission is Valid until January 2021.
Please note that the planning permission exists for this property and an additional building, please refer to legal documents.
Energy Performance Indicator
No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the vendor. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the vendor.