Reference to former agricultural buildings within the marketing details should be disregarded as these buildings were removed and replaced with the three existing buildings currently on site, which do not benefit from planning permission. Attention is drawn to the planning statement within the legal pack and prospective purchasers are advised to make their own enquiries of the local planning authority, Wiltshire Council.
Six week completion period is available
- Freehold vacant site
- Approximately 0.68 hectares (1.69 acres)
- Contains three derelict former agricultural buildings
- Development potential (subject to consents)
- Vacant possession
- On behalf of the Joint Fixed Charge Receivers
- Six week completion period is available
Swindon lies immediately to the north of the M4 motorway about 40 miles east of Bristol and 30 miles south west of Oxford. It sits at the interchange of the M4 motorway (junction 15) and the A419 Cirencester Bypass as well as the A346, providing access to Marlborough and the south coast. Swindon railway station provides direct services to Bristol and South Wales to the West and London Paddington to the east.
Lydiard Millicent is a village lying about 5 miles west of Swindon town centre and 3 miles north of junction 16 of the M4 Motorway. The site lies on the north side of Lydiard Green, which runs west from Greatfield at its junction with Greenhill on the western edge of the village.
A largely rectangular shaped site totalling about 0.68 hectares (1.69 acres) The site contains three former agricultural buildings that were previously part converted to residential dwellings but which are now derelict. The site is level and largely cleared and may offer future development potential, subject to obtaining the necessary consents (refer to Planning note).
Planning permission was granted in November 2018 for the conversion of the existing buildings to create three new dwellings (Planning Ref: 18/08802/PNCOU). We understand that the conversion was not carried out in accordance with the approved consent and a retrospective planning consent was subsequently refused in January 2020 (Planning Ref: 19/10402/FUL). Prospective purchasers are advised to refer to the planning statement in the legal pack and make their own enquiries of Wiltshire Council (0300 456 0114) www.wiltshire.gov.uk.
Please refer to Legal Documents
| || || |
|Site area||Vacant site||0.68 hectares (1.69 acres)|
|Barn 1||Former agricultural building||90.95 sq m (979 sq ft)|
|Barn 2||Former agricultural building||96.99 sq m (1,044 sq ft)|
|Barn 3||Former agricultural building||141.02 sq m (1,518 sq ft)|
All areas have been provided by the vendor.
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.