- Freehold mixed use investment
- Part let to Superdrug Stores Plc until 2025
- Alternative use and development potential (subject to consents)
- Currently producing £130,000 per annum (part vacant)
- On the instructions of James Liddiment and Paul Greenhalgh of Duff & Phelps as Joint Fixed Charge Receivers
The London suburb of Forest Gate lies about 7 miles north east of central London and is bordered by Manor Park to the east and Stratford town centre to the west. It can be accessed vi the A114 and A118, both of which provide direct access to the A12 to the north and west respectively. The area is served by Forest Gate station, which provides direct services to London Liverpool Street and Wanstead Park station. which provides regional overland services between Gospel Oak and Barking. The area is also well served by numerous bus routes.
Romford Road forms part of the A118 and is the principal retail area in Forest Gate. The property commands a prominent location at the junction of Romford Road and Woodford Road (A114) in a mixed commercial and residential area. Nearby occupiers include Iceland, Ladbrokes, Poundland, Tesco Express, KFC and Barclays.
A prominent corner building of traditional construction arranged over basement, ground, first and part second floors. The building comprises storage at basement level with retail accommodation on the ground floor and there is separate access to the first floor, which is currently arranged as a banqueting hall for private events and functions. The part second floor provides residential accommodation in the form of one 3 bedroom flat and one 2 bedroom flat. The upper floors and basement may offer alternative use potential or potential for further development, subject to obtaining the necessary consents.
For the year ending 28/12/2019, Surperdrug Stores Plc reported a turnover of £1,303,797,000, a pre-tax profit of £89,398,000 and shareholders' funds of £316,911,000 (Source: Companies House).
London Borough of Newham (020 8430 2000) www.newham.gov.uk
Please refer to Legal Documents
|TOTAL|| || ||£130,000|
|Ground||Retail - 331.44 sq m (3,566 sq ft)||Let to Superdrug Stores Plc for 10 years from 24/09/2015 (1)||£90,000|
|First||Banqueting suite/restaurant - 248.05 sq m (2,669 sq ft)||Let to Mohibuddin Latifchoudhury t/a Palm Tree for 15 years from 01/05/2015||£40,000 (2) (3)|
|Second||Residential - 1x 2bedroom flat & 1x 3 bedroom flat||See Note (4)||0|
|Basement||Storage - 259.25 sq m (2,789 sq ft)||Vacant||0|
(1) There was a tenant's break clause in September 2020 that was not operated
(2) 3 yearly rent reviews
(3) Due to the Covid 19 pandemic the tenant has been unable to trade since March 2020 & is in arrears (refer to legal pack)
(4) We understand that the Borrower is in occupation of the three bedroom flat with the other flat currently being vacant (refer to legal pack)
(5) All floor areas have been obtained from the Valuation Office Agency (www.tax.service.gov.uk)
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.