- Virtual freehold airspace
- Potential to create three new self contained flats (subject to consents)
- High Street location
- Vacant possession
Long leasehold for a term of 999 years from 20th February 2015 at a peppercorn rent.
Twickenham lies about 11 miles west of central London and is accessed via the A316 Great Chertsey Road, which links to the M3 motorway to the west at junction 1. The area benefits from good transport links including local bus services as well as rail connections at Whitton and Twickenham providing direct services to London Waterloo.
Nelson Road is a continuation of Warren Road lying to the north of the A316. The property sits above a parade of shops that command a prominent position at the junction of Nelson Road and Whitton High Street. The area is well served by retail and leisure uses and Twickenham Stadium is situated a short walk to the east.
The property comprises the airspace at Fourways House, which has the potential to create an additional third floor, subject to obtaining the necessary consents. The floor plan shows a proposed layout that would create three self contained one bedroom flats within the airspace. The head lease provides for full rights of access to any new floor and also includes rights of access to services, the right to erect scaffolding, cranes and temporary lifts. The lease also provides for 20m of airspace as well as provision for a compound for work offices, skips and storage during any construction period (refer to legal pack).
Due to health and safety reasons we will not be able to accommodate viewings of the roof space.
As of 1st August 2020, the Government introduced new legislation allowing buildings to be extended upwards under Permitted Development without the need for formal planning permission. There are exemptions and certain criteria applies so prospective purchasers are advised to make their own enquiries of the local planning authority. London Borough of Richmond upon Thames (08456 122660) www.richmond.gov.uk
Please refer to Legal Documents
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.