- Freehold former hospital (Use Class C2)
- Gross Internal Area 1,947.25 sq m (20,952 sq ft)
- Site area 0.323 hectares (0.80 acres)
- Vacant possession
Manchester is situated 36 miles east of Liverpool, 52 miles south west of Leeds and 208 miles north west of London. The property is situated in the suburb of Longsight about 3 miles south east of the city centre.
The property is situated in a mainly residential area on the north side of Birch Hall Lane, close to the junction with Dickenson Road (A6010) and a short distance from the A6 trunk Road. There is a large student population in the city with over 40,000 students at the University of Manchester alone. The property is approximately 1.3 miles south east of the University Campus and about 0.8 miles north east of the main Fallowfield student village campus.
The property comprises a substantial four storey period building with an attached two extension constructed in 1990 and arranged as 28 en-suite bedrooms with communal areas, offices and ancillary accommodation of approximately 1,947.25 sq m (20,952.41 sq ft). There is a five person lift serving all floors. The are 14 car parking spaces to the front of the property and planning permission was granted in 2009 for a further six spaces. The property occupies a site area of 0.323 hectares (0.80 acres).
There could be potential to redevelop the property for alternative use, subject to obtaining the necessary consents. For further enquiries contact Manchester City Council (0161 234 5000) www.manchester.gov.uk
|TOTAL|| ||1,947.25 sq m (20,952 sq ft)|
|Former Bigfoot Hospital||Second|
|218.53 sq m (2,351 sq ft)|
743.62 sq m (8,001 sq ft)
788.10 sq m (2,120 sq ft)
197.00 sq m (2,120 sq ft)
The measurements have been scaled from floor plans that are included in the legal documentation.
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.