- Convenience store and residential investment
- Very busy local area with densely populated residential and student accommodation
- 1,981 sq ft ground floor supermarket and separate 3 bedroom flat above
- Let to One Stop Stores Limited (D&B 5A1 – Turnover £1.14bn)
- 15 years with effect from 14 July 2008, expiring 13 July 2023 (3 years unexpired)
- Current rent of £25,000 per annum (£12.61 psf)
- 3 bedroom flat let on an AST for £6,300 per annum (£525 pcm)
- Total income £31,300 per annum
Chasetown is a village in the town of Burntwood in Staffordshire, England. It is split between the civil parishes of Burntwood and Hammerwich.
Burntwood is a suburban town of the Lichfield District in Staffordshire, England, approximately 15 miles north of Birmingham, 2 miles north of Brownhills, 5 miles west of Lichfield and 5 miles east of Cannock.
The town had a population of 43,623 at the time of the 2020 census and is well served with excellent communications lying 500 metres north of the M6 Toll motorway (junction T6) and its junction with the A5.
The property is situated on the east side of High Street, close to the junction of Queen Street in the town centre. There is a public car par to the rear.
The property comprises a traditional brick construction retail unit beneath a pitched tiled roof. The shop is arranged on ground floor and provides 1,981 sq ft (GIA). The ground floor benefits from customer entrances from both High Street and the public car park at the rear.
The first floor comprises a self-contained three bedroom flat.
The ground floor is let to One Stop Stores Limited on an FRI lease for a term of 15 years with effect from 14 July 2008, expiring 13 July 2023 (3 years unexpired). The current rent of £25,000 per annum (£12.61 psf) is not subject to further review.
The property is 2 miles from One Stops UK HQ in Brownhills.
The separately accessed upper floor 3 bedroom flat is let on an AST for £6,300 per annum (£525 pcm).
Please refer to Legal Documents
One Stop Stores Limited (Company Number: 02462858) is one of the country’s leading convenience retail brands and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tesco PLC.
They trade from 850 stores around the country employing over 10,000 staff.
A summary of One Stop Stores Limited recent accounts is set out below:
|One Stop Stores Limited||23 Feb 2019||24 Feb 2018||25 Feb 2017|
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,750 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.