- By order of Darlington Council
- Victorian former three bedroom cemetery house
- Gothic stone construction
- Poor state of repair requiring complete refurbishment
- Long leasehold with vacant possession
- Large rear yard with potential for private access
Leasehold - Long leasehold with the sale of a new 999 year lease at a peppercorn.
Darlington is a large and busy market town with a population of circa 110,000 situated on the east side of the A1(M) to the south of Durham City and to the west of the A19 at Middlesbrough. The town has a busy retail centre and is supported by a range of employers including EE, the Student Loans Co, Cummins and Cleveland Bridge.
Darlington lies on the main east coast rail line and is close to Teeside International Airport.
The property lies approx 2 miles from the town centre, within the large North Cemetery which is approached off North Road (A167) which leads north out of the town centre, connecting with the A1(M)
The property was built circa 1875 as the home of the foreman of this large and long established Victorian town cemetery which is accessed off North Road. The property was well constructed in a stone gothic style and is arranged over ground and first floors with three bedrooms and a courtyard to the rear giving a site area of approx 0.11 acre (0.044 ha).
The house is located adjacent to a stone boundary wall, the other side of which lies Dublin Street, from which there may at one time have been a direct vehicle access and it is envisaged that the reinstatement of this will form the vehicle access to the property gong forward.
The property has not been used for many years and is in an extremely poor state of repair and should be viewed as a development/refurbishment opportunity.
Note: The purchaser will be obliged to fully refurbish the property to a required standard within a period of 30 months
Please refer to Legal Documents
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,750 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.