Completion shall be 30 working days from exchange of contracts -
“On the 7th November 2018, the seller’s solicitor received correspondence from a solicitor acting on behalf of the owner of number 8 Scotch Street, Downpatrick. The correspondence stated that both numbers 6 and 8 Scotch Street have been incorrectly mapped and that part of number 8 Scotch Street has been erroneously included in the Land Registry Map of number 6 Scotch Street. A redacted copy of the letter from the neighbour’s solicitor has been included in the legal pack.
On the 20th November 2018, the seller’s solicitor emailed the solicitor acting on behalf of the owner of number 8 Scotch Street requesting further information on the mapping issue. The seller’s solicitor also sent a number of follow-up emails, the last being sent on the 17th July 2019. To date a substantive response has not been received from the solicitor acting on behalf of the neighbour.
Also, on the 19th March 2020, BidX1 received an email from the owner of number 8 Scotch street advising them of the mapping issue. A redacted copy of the email is included in the auction pack.
Please note that the Property is ‘sold as seen’ and that the seller’s solicitor will not be responding to any queries regarding the alleged mapping issue. Any claims brought by any third party in relation to the mapping of the property in sale will be the sole responsibility of the purchaser.”
- Freehold vacant former public house on the town centre
- About 172.92 sq m (1,861 sq ft)
- Suit investors/developer/owner occupiers
Downpatrick is located about 21 miles south east of Belfast. The property is located in the town centre just off Church Street at the northern end of Scotch Street, which is one of the main arterial routes through the town. The property is located at the commercial end of Scotch Street where there are many small local businesses and retail, with Downs Art Centre, Ulster Bank, restaurants and Denvirs Hotel.
A mid terraced former public house of traditional construction totalling about 172.92 sq m (1,861 sq ft) over three floors. The property consists of a bar, lounges and WC's, ancillary accommodation with storage that is in need of refurbishment.
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council (0300 200 7830) www.planningni.gov.uk
Please refer to Legal Documents
|TOTAL|| ||172.92 sq m (1,861 sq ft)|
|6 Scotch Street||Main Bar Lounge|
|81.09 sq m (873 sq ft)|
61.44 sq m (661 sq ft)
30.39 sq m (327 sq ft)
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount of £4,500 from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.