- Vacant Class 1 retail building (formerly a BHS) extending to approximately 20,180 sq.ft NIA and occupying a site area of circa 0.14 acres.
- Formerly accessed directly into the main shopping centre, The Thistles.
- Due to the central location and superb accessibility, we also anticipate the leisure sector showing interest, specifically gyms and food halls.
- Potential for redevelopment to create a mixed-use or hotel scheme, subject to planning permission.
- High Street location within Stirling’s town centre and main regeneration area, approximately 4 minutes’ walk from Stirling Station.
- Offers invited in excess of £750,000 for the freehold interest, reflecting circa £37 per sq.ft on current NIA.
The property is prominently located between Murray Place and The Thistles Shopping Centre in the heart of Stirling. The Local Authority is Stirling City Council. The immediate area comprises a wide range of retail, residential and most recently student uses, with numerous shops, restaurants and amenities available within close proximity of the site. Formerly BHSs' unit connected through into the Thistles, however this rear section was leased and does not form part of this disposal. 3 units, connecting the rear of the subjects were created and we understand that one remains available, which could provide access through from the subjects. Stirling Station is located approximately 0.2 miles from the property, currently direct trains to Glasgow transport passengers into Glasgow City Centre within 30 minutes
The existing property comprises a retail building (Use Class 1) which extends to approximately 20,180 sq.ft NIA over 5-storeys.
The property was most recently operated by British Home Stores and is arranged with an open-plan sales area at ground floor with further sales areas, restaurant and storage across the upper floors. The site has frontages on to the Murray Place in the heart of Stirling Town Centre. The main customer entrance would be off Murray Place, with secondary access and servicing taken through the rear the service yard. Should an occupier be interested in securing access directly from this unit into The Thistles Shopping Centre, this would currently be possible on separate negotiation.
VAT is applicable to this sale, please refer to the legal documents for further details.
Existing Area Schedule
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount of £4,500 from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.