- Freehold bar/restaurant premises
- Pedestrianised town centre location
- Fully fitted out as bar/restaurant
- Alternative use potential, subject to consents
- Vacant possession
Newcastle-under-Lyme is a market town in Staffordshire lying adjacent to the city of Stoke-on-Trent about 42 miles north of Birmingham and 40 miles south of Manchester. It can be accessed via the A34, A53, A525 and A527 and the M6 motorway lies just to the west of the town, accessible via junctions 15 and 16. Stoke-on-Trent train station provides regional rail services as well as direct services to Manchester, Birmingham and London Euston.
Ironmarket is one of the principal shopping thoroughfares in the town centre but also provides numerous public houses, cafes and bar/restaurants. The property lies the pedestrianised zone of Ironmarket on its south side at its junction with Market Lane. Nearby occupiers include Cafe Nero, New Look, Yates', Halifax, Oxfam and Coral.
A prominent corner building of traditional construction beneath a pitched roof. The building is arranged over basement, ground and two upper floors and is currently arranged as a fully fitted out bar/restaurant. The ground floor has a fully glazed frontage and provides access via an open spiral staircase to the first and second floors, which each provide further bars and seating areas as well as a fully fitted commercial kitchen at second floor level. The basement provides storage and barrel access via a lift from Market Lane.
The property currently benefits from an A4 Use Class, which includes A3, A2 and A1 (retail) and may offer alternative use potential, subject to obtaining the relevant consents. Prospective purchasers are advised to make their own enquiries. Stoke-on-Trent City Council (01782 232372) www.stoke,gov.uk
Please refer to Legal Documents
|Floor||Accommodation||Tenancy||Rent Per Annum|
|TOTAL||789.65 sq m (8,500 sq ft)|| || |
|197.41 sq m (2,125 sq ft)|
197.41 sq m (2,125 sq ft)
197.41 sq m (2,125 sq ft)
197.41 sq m (2,125 sq ft)
The auctioneers have not measured the property. All areas have been provided by the vendor.
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,750 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.