- On behalf of Wokingham Borough Council
- Unmodernised house - refurbishment project
- Large garden
- Convenient semi rural location near M4
- Full vacant possession
Sindlesham lies in an attractive and convenient location 4 miles to the southeast of Reading and 6 miles to the west of Bracknell, on the opposite side of the M4 motorway to Winnersh.
Originally an estate village, the surroundings remain semi rural and are the location of the control centre for National Grid, Reddam House School, Bearwood Lakes Golf Club and the Nirvana Spa.
The property fronts and is set back from Mole Road (B3030) looking across to the Reading Football Club training complex. Winnersh town centre and rail station (just over an hour to London) as well as Junction 10 of the M4 are within easy reach. The property lies on the west side of the road close to Betty Grove Lane and the recently developed Wheatsheaf Close.
The property comprises the left hand side of a pair of semi detached houses constructed in red brick beneath a tiled roof.
The properties are set back and accessed from Mole Road with a good sized front garden area behind a large hedge. There is vehicle access beside the property leading to a large and overgrown rear garden with open fields at the rear. The site extends to approx 0.25 acres.
The property is unmodernised and offers potential for an attractive refurbishment with space for enlargement. Adjoining properties have been attractively up dated. On the ground floor there is a kitchen and two reception rooms with three bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor.
Front right reception 16ft x 11ft (4.88m x 3.33m)
Front left reception 12ft 5ins x 9ft 4ins (3.78m x 2.85m)
Rear kitchen 10ft 8ins x 9ft 8ins ( 3.2m x 3m)
Bed 1 12ft 5ins x 9ft (3.8m x 2.7m)
Bed 2 9ft 4ins x 8ft (2.85m x 2.5m)
Bed 3 12ft 6ins x 11ft (3.8m x 3.35m)
Outside: Front garden, side access and large rear garden
Site area approx 11,120 sq ft (1,033 sq m
All figures are maximum dimensions for guidance only and should not be relied on.
Please refer to legal documents
The property is in a run down condition and occupies a large site, so offering potential for refurbishment and enlargement subject to planning and other consents. Neighbouring houses have already been modernised.
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,750 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- All lots sold “Subject to Vendor Confirmation” will be subject to the acceptance and confirmation by the Vendor. The highest bid will be presented to Vendor, the vendor will have to either accept, decline or make a counter offer the highest bid within the confirmation period. Should the Vendor decide to make a counteroffer, then a private link will be sent to the Highest Bidder advising the offer the Vendor is willing to accept. The Highest Bidder will have to either accept or reject the Vendor’s counteroffer. The Vendor reserves the ultimate right, apart from the auctioneer, to accept and to decline to sell to the highest or any bidder, without giving any reasons.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.