- Freehold mixed use investment
- Ground floor split level restaurant, self contained one bedroom flat, and a split level three bed maisonette
- Popular tourist and holiday location
- Producing £20,400 per annum
Colwyn Bay is a large seaside town on the north coast of Wales, with a population of some 29,000. There is excellent communication to Holyhead to the west, with Chester, Liverpool and Manchester to the east on the A55 trunk road. The Holyhead - Euston train service stops at the town. The property is located on Abergele Road (A547) close to the junction with Lawson Road in a mixed residential and commercial area. Nearby occupiers include Kwikfit.
The property comprises an A3 restaurant with bar/servery, kitchen serving area and office, over ground and lower ground floors. The first floor is arranged as a one bedroom flat and the second floor a three bedroom maisonette. Both the basement and ground floor have 2 sq m of internal storage and outside there is an enclosed rear storage yard.
The commercial tenant is in the process of sub letting the property. The side gable of the property has potential for an advertising board and further income (subject to consents).
Conwy County Borough Council (01492 575247) www.conwy.gov.uk. There is potential to convert the basement into a two bedroom flat (subject to planning). The adjoining property has already converted the basement into a flat.
Please refer to Legal Documents
Ancillary 38.3 sq m (412 sq ft)
Restaurant/ancillary 54.9 sq m (591 sq ft)
|Let to an individual for 20 years from 01/10/2011 (1)||£9,000|
|First||One bedroom flat - Lounge, kitchen/dining room, bathroom, bedroom||Individual - 12 month AST from 22/06/2019||£5,400|
|Second/third||Three bedroom maisonette - Lounge, kitchen, bathroom, stairs to landing |
and three double bedrooms
|Individual - 12 month AST from 22/07/2017||£6,000|
|TOTAL|| || ||£20,400|
The measurements have been taken from the VOA website.
(1) The commercial tenant trades as a Chinese restaurant and takeaway.
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.