- 7.9 acres open land
- Residential area
- Close to Llansamlet rail station
- Minutes from J44 of M4
- Allocated for 20 homes with potential to increase
- Upon Instructions of Swansea City Council
Freehold with vacant possession subject to a 2 year equine grazing agreement at £1,500 pa expiring 24/03/21. The licensee would be interested in remaining in occupation following the sale.
Note there are grazing animals on the property which should not be disturbed.
Swansea is the principle City and urban settlement of west Wales, and is the second largest city in Wales with a City population of some 240,000 and urban area of 460,000.
Swansea is a coastal city and large port, today mainly leisure, and the city is laid out along the shores of Swansea Bay at the mouth of the River Tawe which runs through the city centre. To the north Swansea is bounded by the M4 junctions 42 through to 47 with the A48 being the main through road. To the west Swansea extends towards Mumbles and the Gower Peninsula, designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Swansea’s border along the M4 corridor has been the location of a number of new office and business parks as well as new housing developments.
The property is located in the area of Llansamlet which lies about 5 miles north of the city centre, alongside J44 of the M4 at its junction with the A48, and benefitting from Llansamlet Railway Station and park and ride with rail services into Swansea and to Cardiff. The area is predominantly residential, and Frederick Place is approached off the main A48 and Bethel Road, close to the rail station.
The property has a short frontage to and is approached off Frederick Place, and comprises approx 7.9 acres (3.2ha) of open green land set back to the rear of houses fronting Frederick Place. A number of these houses appear to have extended their rear gardens resulting in unauthorised encroachment which may provide opportunities for the purchaser.
The land is has is believed been subjected to historic mine workings.
The local plan which has been adopted has identified the site as suited to 20 new dwellings, however the site may provide potential for a larger development subject to successful negotiations with the planning authority.
Swansea City Council ( ) www.swansea.gov.uk/planning
Please refer to Legal Documents
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.