- Attractive Oxfordshire town
- Asset management opportunities
- Tenants include Age UK
- Adjacent to Wilko and public car park
- Current rent £140,655 per annum
- Six week completion available
- On the Instructions of a UK Fund
Bicester lies about 15 miles north east of Oxford and 17 miles south east of Banbury and has a population of about 33,000. It can be accessed via the A41, which provides direct access to the M40 motorway at junction 9 about 2 miles to the south west at its junction with the A34 trunk road. The town has seen significant development over recent years and is home to one of the UK’s most popular tourist attractions in Bicester Village, which now has its own railway station providing direct links to Oxford & London Marylebone. The town is served by a further railway station at Bicester North, which provides direct links to London Marylebone and Birmingham Snow Hill.
The property lies in the town centre adjacent to Claremont Car Park (170 spaces) which is accessed from Victoria Road. Pedestrian access to the town centre is via a passageway to London Road, just to the south of its junction with Sheep Street. Nearby occupiers include Wilko, Barclays Bank, HSBC and M&Co.
The property provides a pedestrianised town centre shopping precinct with dual access from London Road to the front and Claremont Car Park to the rear. It is arranged as a number of single storey, two storey and three storey buildings of traditional construction providing a mix of retail, restaurant and professional services units. The precinct benefits from a strong footfall being one of the main pedestrian thoroughfares linking the main town centre car park and the town centre. The property benefits from its own private car park.
Please refer to legal documents
Please refer to Legal Documents
Accommodation & Tenancies
Retail 71.53 sq m (770 sq ft)
Sarah Louise Hawthorne
Lease expires 14/06/2021
Retail 45.71 sq m (492 sq ft)
IMS – Independent Mortgage Solutions
Lease expires 25/10/2023
Retail 104.98 sq m (1,130 sq ft)
Butterfly Bridal Boutique Ltd
Lease expires 20/03/2020
Retail 33.82 sq m (364 sq ft)
IMS Lettings Solutions Ltd
Lease expires 20/03/2023
Retail 53.41 sq m (575 sq ft)
Michelle Niziol Ltd
Lease expires 27/08/2023
Retail 29.54 sq m (318 sq ft)
Sarah Elizabeth Haydon
Lease expires 03/05/2022
Retail 39.01 sq m (420 sq ft)
Vaping Not Smoking Ltd
Lease expires 30/08/2021
12 & 15 (First Floor)
Retail 164.15 sq m (1,767 sq ft)
Lease expires 06/07/2021
12 & 13
Retail 117.98 sq m (1,270 sq ft)
Equation Recruitment Ltd
Lease expires 31/07/2022
Retail 59.08 sq m (636 sq ft)
Lease expires 17/06/2024 (2)
Retail 48.21 sq m (519 sq ft)
Lease expires 17/06/2024 (3)
16 & 17
Takeaway 57.78 sq m (622 sq ft)
Kasim Hamid t/a Pizza House
Lease expires 31/07/2026 (4)
(1) The lease was renewed on 15/06/2018
(2) The lease was renewed on 24/09/2018. There is a rent review on 04/05/2019
(3) There is a rent review on 04/05/2019
(4) There is a rent review on 18/06/2019 & a tenant’s break clause on 18/06/2021
(5) There is a rent review on 18/06/2019 & a tenant’s break clause on 18/06/2021
(6) There is a tenant’s break clause on 31/07/2021
Refer to the legal documentation
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,000 (exclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.