- Freehold retail investment let to H Samuel (Been in occupation c.30 years)
- Three storey building totalling about 259.30 sq m (2,791 sq ft)
- Prime High Street location
- Currently producing £35,000 per annum
Scunthorpe, with a population of about 72,500, is an important regional industrial town and is located about 30 miles south west of Hull and 26 miles north east of Doncaster. The town has excellent road communications and is situated at the junction of the A1077 and the A159, 5 miles north of the A180, which links with the M18 at junction 5, 16 miles to the west of the town centre.
The property is located in a prime retail location on the north side of this busy pedestrianised section of the High Street next to Primark. Nearby occupiers include WH Smith, Starbucks, JD Sports, Lloyds, Boots and Vision Express.
A mid terraced three storey property of modern construction consisting of a ground floor retail unit with ancillary accommodation and storage on first and second floors. The ground floor shop with store consists of about 152.50 sq m ( 1,642 sq ft), first floor 52.40 sq m (564 sq ft) and second floor 54.40 sq m (586 sq ft). The net internal floor area totals about 259.30 sq m (2,791 sq ft).
Please refer to legal documents
Total Current Rent Reserved £35,000 pa
North Lincolnshire Council (01724 297000) www.northlincs.gov.uk
Please refer to Legal Documents
|Address||Floor||Accommodation||Tenancy||Rent per annum|
|82A High Street||Ground||226.22 sq m (2,435 sq ft)||Let to H Samuel expiring 18/11/2024 (*1)||£35,000|
| ||First||52.40 sq m (564 sq ft)|| || |
| ||Second||54.40 sq m (586 sq ft)|| || |
Measurements provided by the vendor.
(*1) Tenant's break option on 2 May 2022 subject to (a) 6 months' notice and (b) a break payment by the tenant of £17.5K. Measurements have been provided by the vendor.
For the year ending 28/01/2017 H Samuel Limited reported a turnover of £247,414,000, gross profit of £35,850,000 and operating profit of £17,003,000 (Source:Companies House). H Samuel have about 500 stores nationwide and is part of Signet Jewellery Limited that are the worlds largest retailer of diamond jewellery with over 3,600 stores globally. We have been informed that the tenant has been in occupation for over 30 years.
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,000 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount of £4,500 from all bidders. This participation amount is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,500 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee of £1,000 inc. VAT payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.