- Freehold town centre retail investment
- Two shops let on new separate 7 year leases (no breaks)
- Future development potential of the upper floors of 6 Crown Street (subject to planning)
- Producing £16,280 per annum
Wellington lies about 4 miles north west of Telford, 12 miles east of Shrewsbury and 37 miles north west of Birmingham. It can be accessed via the A5233 (Whitchurch Road), which provides direct access to Junction 6 of the M54 motorway about 2 miles to the south of the town. Wellington railway station provides regional rail services as well as direct services to Birmingham New Street and London Euston.
Crown Street and Bell Street lie in the town centre running parallel to each other running south from New Street. Nearby occupiers include Greggs, Subway, TUI, Betfred, Halifax and William Hill.
Two adjoining buildings that were originally linked at ground floor level that have recently been refurbished to provide two separate retail units. 6 Crown Street is arranged as a ground floor shop with internal access to first floor ancillary accommodation plus additional loft space that offer future conversion potential, subject to obtaining the necessary consents.
2A Bell Street is arranged as a single storey retail unit with WC that has recently been refurbished and fitted out for trading. There may be scope to add another floor in the future, again subject to obtaining the necessary consents.
Telford and Wrekin Council (01952 380380) www.telford.gov.uk
|6 Crown Street||Ground floor 32.12 sq m (346 sq ft)||Tyler Naggington t/a Naggy's (1)||7 year lease||22/03/2019||£9,000 (2)|
| ||First floor 27.85 sq m (300 sq ft)|| || || || |
| ||Second floor loft space (not inspected)|| || || || |
|2A Bell Street||Ground floor retail 25.92 sq m (279 sq ft)||Emma Owen t/a Pound City (1)||7 year lease||22/03/2019||£7,280 (3)|
|TOTAL|| || || || ||£16,280|
(1) The tenants are part of the family that run the White Lion public house on Crown Street, opposite 6 Crown Street
(2) (3) Rent reviews on 22/03/2023
*Terms and Conditions
Buyers are strongly advised to read these terms and conditions, and check the Special Conditions and any applicable Addendum, prior to bidding on a Lot. Additional costs, charges and encumbrances may apply for Buyers once they have made a successful bid in relation to a property.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold at auction.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller may be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published. The sale price, whether prior to or at the auction, can be above or below the guide price depending upon market activity. BidX1 and the seller accept no responsibility for any losses, costs or damages incurred by a buyer as a result of relying on any guide price. The buyer must decide how much they should bid for any Lot. All guide prices are quoted subject to contract. Guide prices given by BidX1 or the seller cannot be accepted by the buyer as being a professional valuation for any purpose in accordance with the requirements or guidance notes of relevant professional bodies or other authorities.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any Lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price (as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences).
- The guide price for the Lot does not include the administration fee of £1,250 (inclusive of VAT) charged by BidX1. In the case of a joint agent this administration fee will be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT). In addition, the guide price does not include VAT on the sale price, or any additional costs, charges or encumbrances that might apply to some Lots and/or some buyers. The Special Conditions of Sale of the seller, and any applicable Addendum, will state if there are other costs, charges or encumbrances and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price.
- To participate in the sale BidX1 must hold a minimum amount from all bidders. This participation amount and administration fee is fully refundable in the event that you are not the successful purchaser. For example, a participation fee of £4,750 comprises £3,500 relating to your bidder security (partial deposit payment) and an administration fee payable directly to BidX1. A higher participation amount may be payable depending on the reserve price of the Lot.
- Please note that Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.
- No information, statement, description, quantity or measurement contained in any sales particulars or given orally or contained in any webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report, docket or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller in respect of the property shall constitute a representation or a condition or a warranty on behalf of BidX1 or the seller. Any information, statement, description, quantity or measurement so given or contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact. Any mistake, omission, inaccuracy or mis-description given orally or contained in any sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller shall not give rise to any right of action, claim, entitlement or compensation against BidX1 or the seller. All bidders must satisfy themselves by carrying out their own independent due diligence, inspections or otherwise as to the correctness of any and all of the information, statements, descriptions, quantity or measurements contained in any such sales particulars, webpage, brochure, catalogue, email, letter, report or hand out issued by or on behalf of BidX1 or the seller.